It finally happened. All of my shenanigans finally caught up with me and I’m feeling under the weather!
Time to make my favorite soup OF ALL TIME: Lemon Chicken “Noodle” Soup!
Why I like this recipe:
- I get to use my favorite kitchen appliance OF ALL TIME: MY CROCK POT!
- It’s just like a chicken noodle soup. But since I don’t regularly eat noodles, I’m gonna put KALE strips in it and PRETEND like they’re noodles! Trust me, it’s just as good.
- It’s easy. There are only six ingredients. For the chicken, I just buy a rotisserie from Costco and take all the meat off of it.
- It’s very soothing when you are sick: it’s soup, duh! But also, the lemon has tons of vitamin C and the kale has tons of fiber and vitamins as well.
- You know I’m gonna break out my mason jars and freeze half of the batch for later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here is what you need!
- 6 cups of chicken broth
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- The meat from one rotisserie chicken, or 4 cups of shredded chicken
- 1 bag of chopped kale (Remember, I like to buy the pre-washed/pre-cut kind from Trader Joe’s)
- 3 lemons
- 1 white onion
Here is what you do!
Add the liquid in the blender to the crock pot and add the remaining 4 cups of broth. Add the kale and shredded chicken.
Zest all three lemons right into the crock. Then, cut the lemons in half and add their juice. I have like the handiest Zest ‘n Press gadget in the world for this, because it zests and juices the lemons! You can buy the one that I have here. Note: always make sure you zest before you press. It won’t work the other way around.
Look at all that beautiful zest!
Set the crock pot on low for 4-6 hours. Stir once or twice during this time.
When the soup is done, you can serve it immediately, store it in the fridge, or freeze! Soooo good!
Hey guys, by the way, I know you’re out there making my recipes. If you love what you’ve made, post it on insta and use the hashtag #hypegirlherself! Don’t forget to also tag me in the photo (@hypegirlherself)!!!!